Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Peanut Butter addict




I'll be the first to admit that I am addicted to peanut butter. The addiction is real and I am happy to be alive to share my story. ;) In all seriousness, everyone who knows me knows that I am a peanut butter lover. In college, I used to go to the cafeteria with my friends and swear I would only have peanut butter once that day. Never happened. Over the years I have created many unique recipes involving this delicious treat, but this recipe I did not make up. What recipe do you ask? This one: 
Peanut Butter Pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 cup plus 2 tbsp milk, plus extra if needed to thin
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp butter

Directions
Preheat a griddle. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Slow mix in egg, milk, peanut butter and oil until combined. Add a little extra milk if batter feels too thick. Let mixture sit 5 minutes. Melt 1 tbsp butter on griddle and move around to coat entire griddle. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake on griddle to form 5-inch pancakes. The batter spreads as it cooks. Fill griddle without crowding pancakes. Flip when air pockets start to pop on the top and a quick peak on the underside reveals a golden pancake. Repeat with remaining butter and batter. 



I got this recipe off food networks website. Yes, I have it bookmarked. What did you expect? I am a food lover. Anyways, I was in the mood for something sweet tonight, and when i discovered I had all these ingredients already in my kitchen I had no choice but to make them :)
dare you to try them! You will fall in love. Oh, and I always like to add a little something extra to any recipe I use, so to I topped my PB pancakes with apple. You could also do banana and even a little bacon (dare devils only). Finally, instead of using syrup, I took a few tablespoons of fresh strawberry preserves (diluted with water--ad as much or as little as you want. depends on how thick you like it) and heated it up on low in a small pot on my stove. After a few minutes, it is ready to be poured over the fantastic peanut butter pancakes you just made! Now it is time to chow! bon appetit!
Let me know of different toppings you added to yours or how your syrup turned o*click on photos to make them appear larger 
*photos shot and edited by the wonderful photographer, Maggie Fortson 














5 comments:

  1. yummy!! I will have to try for sure.......or you can come over and make them...or I can come over and you can make them...variety of options...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I saw this and I just had to make them. I made the pancakes for breakfast this morning and they were really good. I made some camralized apples and put them on top of the pancakes. I loved the combination. Thanks for the recipe!

    Kristen B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, I am glad you enjoyed them!! your topper sounds like quite the treat :) Thanks for the nice comment!

    ReplyDelete