Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's A Comfort Food Kind of Night

I have been up since 5:30am. Doing what, you ask? Well, I have a 9am class every Wednesday... IN THE CITY. You are probably still wondering why I got up at 5:30am? Well, In order to make it to class on time, I have to catch a 7:42am train. Let me guess, you are still wondering why I got up at 5:30am? I got up at 5:30am because I knew if I waited until I got home this evening that there would be no way I could drag my butt to the gym. Therefore, I decided to get out of bed early this morning, walk my dog, and head to the fitness center. Yes, I have to workout at least once every few months to keep this tight butt and six pack. I swear I almost look as good as this guy: 



 After six hours of classes and almost three hours of commuting I think it was safe to say I was exhausted. I was planning on making cornish hen this evening, but decided against it. I was freezing my rock-hard buns off all day, therefore nothing sounded better to me than a warm plate of homemade french fries and mac n' cheese. I know, I know! It is not the healthiest meal, but sometimes you have to live a little. To defend myself, this meal was preservative and chemical free. My buns of steal and chiseled abs shall live to see another day ;)


(horrible cell phone picture)

(google image)

This meal was super easy to make! Here is how I did it:

Mac N' Cheese (serves 4)
  • 8 oz. noodles (you choose your favorite kind)
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup grade parmesan cheese 
  • 3 cups milk 
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
French Fries:

The site I got the amazing french fry recipe from is no longer available. I will get back to you all with the recipe. I know, you must be dying!!!! If it is any consolation, you pants will thanks you. 


My sister, Maggie Fortson (check out www.maggiefortsonblog.com if you want to see photography that will blow you mind away :] ), who usually takes all my photo's for my blog, was out to dinner with a friend when I needed my meal documented. I was in no patient mood to wait for her to get home so I am embarrassed to post that horrible cell phone picture. 
This dinner was exactly what I needed today. Sometimes a little cheese and lots of fat does the body good. 
Warning: If you eat like this everyday and do not workout you have an increased chance of getting fat. Working out when you are carrying a little extra weight is no fun. This guy knows...



(google images)











2 comments:

  1. This looks much better than my mac and cheese!! Looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog...Lo! again!! fix me dinner. I have not been over in a while. Looks so good. I love that we are a foodie...continue. Can't wait to see your next endeavor of making's.

    ReplyDelete