Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Wish My House Was Made Of Sugar

It never fails. I plan out holiday activities with my family and think it will be perfect and it never goes as planned. I made my older sister promise me she would come build these little gingerbread houses we bought at Target the other night with me. I thought we could turn on a Christmas movie and get to building. I should have known that it would not turn out that smoothly.

(This is what it should look like)

We playfully fought over the frosting and ruined a few of the houses in the making. It was a mess. After a while we just gave up on trying to get our little homes to look good and goofed around. They kept falling apart on us! It just became one big joke. The box made it look so easy and cute. It was definitely not easy and they did not turn out too cute. Only two out of the five survived the construction process.




(The three that did not survive)

Besides the fact that they did not turn out as perfect as we had hoped, it was still so much fun. My sister and I just laughed and licked frosting until until our teeth were red. Actually, only my teeth turned red. That would happen to me and not her.

(behind the scenes of our gingerbread house photo shoot) 

After we cleaned up our LARGE mess, we went to let our dogs out. The snow was coming down pretty hard so we let them run around a little without leashes. They loved it, so we decided to join them. We ran up and down the streets chasing them and had a blast. Seriously, running on the snow covered streets at night with christmas lights all around has been the highlight of this holiday season thus far for me.

Fun can not always be planned or scheduled. I always learn that it is the unplanned, spontaneous events in my life that create the greatest memories.

Thanks for building the gingerbread houses and running around in the snow with me, Kate.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! That is terrific. That's the way it should be with lighting! Very cool lookin houses. The snowy roof is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing goes as planned...everything will break ha! Had fun Lo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robb/Dad.

    Robb--the snowy roof was mine :)

    ReplyDelete